British Association for AHP's in Liver
The British Association for Allied Health Professionals in Liver (BAAL) is an affiliated group of the British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL).
The group brings together specialist hepatology AHP’s from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
BAAL is a professional group for Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s) specialising or working with patients with liver conditions. The aim of BAAL is to promote excellence through the provision of AHP care to all patients with liver disorders. Although in its infancy, BAAL recognises the need to promote awareness of the AHP role within Hepatology. Members will have the opportunity to receive expert learning, peer-support, and use the platform to share research and network with others within this field.
The short term aims of the group are to improve AHP assessment, treatment, and management to this cohort, with a long term strategy to formulate National guidelines and clinical standards across the UK.
BASL / BLNA Travel Bursary Scholarship 2023 - BASL / BLNA Annual Meeting in September - Application deadline - 5pm 25th August
There are a number of sponsored travel bursary scholarship awards for members this year to attend the forthcoming BASL/BLNA September Meeting. Scholarship awards are considered a contribution towards a registration fee, travel and accommodation expenses, but not subsistence. Members who have been granted another bursary to attend BASL and/or BLNA September meeting 2023 are not eligible to apply.
• Applications are invited from BASL and BLNA members who are UK-based Nurses, AHPs and Pharmacists in the field of Liver Nursing
• Applicants must complete the NMC/Professional body number section on the application form (if applicable)
• There is a maximum of number of awards available and therefore bursaries are not guaranteed
How to Apply
• Applicants will need to complete the formal Application Form for travel bursaries for the BASL and / or BLNA September Meeting 2023
• As part of the application form applicants will need to outline how the BASL and / or BLNA Nurse Meeting will benefit themselves and others in their future career.
• Applicants need to submit their application form via email to the BASL Event Manager at email@example.com .
Application deadline - 5pm 25th August 2023.